scollector is a replacement for OpenTSDB's TCollector and can be used to send metrics to a Bosun server.
Benefits of scollector over TCollector:
- scollector uses the HTTP based API, not the older Telnet based API
- scollector is written in Go and is more resource efficient
- scollector integrates with Bosun's metadata (Units, Gauge/Counter, Description) and allows external collectors to also use metadata
OpenTSDB 1.0 uses the
data collection framework.
This project aims to make scollector the
preferred collector for OpenTSDB 2.0.
See also: Stack Overflow Scollector documentation topics
Installation from Source
$ go get bosun.org/cmd/scollector
scollector has the following built-in collectors. See documentation for configuration settings.
- network (ifstat)
- .NET proccess memory and AppDomains
- Active Directory
- SQL Server (MSSQL)
- Apache mod_info
- CloudFlare Railgun
- Dell hardware (omreport)
- Oracle Database
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, ELB)
- icmp (ping)
- snmp (Cisco, MIBs/OIDs)
- VMware vSphere