Latest release: 0.6.0-beta1 Published 31 Mar 2017
0.6.0-beta Release Notes
The main goal of Bosun 0.6.0 was to smooth out the alert creation and editing workflow. Previously, users would have to copy the configuration from Bosun’s UI, get it to the server, and then restart the process. Now users can edit the config directly from Bosun’s UI, and the changes will be loaded without restarting the bosun process. Since the rules can now be edited via Bosun’s UI, authorization via LDAP and SSL support has been added as well.
- Since the configuration file has been split, you will need to move some of what used be in the config into system configuration.
- On the first execution, a database schema migration will take place that can take several minutes. During this time bosun will not be available. It is recommended to back up Bosun’s database before the upgrade.
- New Expression Functions:
- New Template Functions / Variables:
- Comments are now allowed in the Expression Page in Bosun’s UI.
- Bosun’s navbar now shows if quiet mode is enabled.
- Notes can now be added to incidents.
- Improved Bosun’s incident view.
- Improved Bosun’s graph page to be more keyboard friendly: better order of fields with the TAB key and shift-enter within text fields will execute.
- Updated Influx library to be compatible with current versions.
- Optimized elastic query performance by not fetching indices and fix bug caused by indices not being part of the cache key #1931.
- Fixed issue in scheduler where adjacent runs would be given the same to represent “now” #2029.
- Allow the empty tagset to be a dependency for alerts that have tags #2027.
- Adjustments to Bosun’s UI to make it more vertically compact.
- Fixed HTTP template funcs to have a shorter timeout so they don’t block template rendering for too long when they timeout.
- Allow empty tagsets in silence silence: allow empty tag sets #1860.
### Expected Changes Between Beta and 0.6.0 final:
- Tooling outside of the Bosun process doesn’t have auth support (except for the Grafana Plugin). The following will have auth support before final: scollector, (cli tools: annotate, silence), tsdbrelay, BosunReporter.NET, and Opserver.
- Support for multiple Elastic backends in a single instance may be added. If this happens the syntax for the system configuration (toml file) of elastic might change.
- fix http: proxy error: EOF due to mixing Content-Encoding headers #1889
- enable version numbers, fix metadata, add error metrics #1859
- enable expvar to help with troubleshooting
- Drain body responses in tsdbrelay/scollector/collect so that the connection is eligible for reuse #2036
- Google webmaster: Skip new “sc-set” sites that we can’t do API calls on. #2032
- TOML flag to enable SWbemServices worker for better WMI performance in Windows #2028
- Bug fixes for Azure EA billing #1984
- Added Azure Enterprise Agreement billing collector #1903
- Process monitoring: track process PIDs as a metric #1964
- When WatchedProc processes die, clean them up #1962
- Bug fix for DNS collector #1920
- Update SNMP timeout from 5s to 30s and allow override #1900
- Set custom UserAgent and use facebookgo/httpcontrol for 60s RequestTimeout #1878
- add a kill switch for total private memory used by scollector #1866
- fix empty host= tags not working after PR #1856 #1871
- fix DisableSelf flag not working for version/post.batchsize #1868
- bugfix - datapoint validation #1856
- Check for NaN in Valid() #1864
- mssql.agent.* for monitoring SQL Agent jobs #1855
- skip md volumes if mdadm binary is missing #1850
- new MSSQL buffer/memory metrics #1849
- update wmi package #1843 and #1837
- Fix WMI names for HP EVA #1852
- Fix dsc StartDate parsing #1994
- elasticsearch: Include cluster tag in cluster health metrics.
- fix httpunit hu.time_total by casting to int64
- add IsRemote flag for cadvisor collector to disable block device lookups
- Add ackTime to incident filters #2014
- Default to limited duration on tagv search. #1977
- Have opentsdb.Duration implement encoding.TextUnmarshaler. #1975
- Add google_webmaster collector. #1959
- fix typo for container.fs.available #1948
- Making redis monitoring a little prettier. #1944
- util package: don’t try to clean IP addresses. Also don’t clean twice on Set #1902
- vendor: annotate (new middleware methods) #1943
- vendor: update vendor/github.com/godbus/dbus #1858
- collect: creating buffer pool for sending datapoints #1838
- collect: Add null check on error #1894
Binaries are provided below. All web assets are already bundled. Source instructions provided for developers.
View upcoming features on Github.
$ go get bosun.org/cmd/bosun